homeowners insurance policy

When I discuss the difference and show clients the important coverages they don’t have the response is always


“I had no idea that was not covered”

When you ask for a rental property dwelling quote on your real estate investment property the agent can present to you three different policy form options with three different premiums.

We only recommend a Dwelling Three or DWG-3 policy for real estate investors.


The difference between Dwelling One and a Dwelling Three policy form is you DO NOT have coverage for 


claim example)  You have to evict a tenant and they decide to trash your rental property.  

NO COVERAGE for this type of loss under a Dwelling One or DWG-1


claim example)  Busted pipes in the winter or water heater ruins the flooring

NO COVERAGE for this type of loss under a Dwelling One or DWG-1 


All claims are settled on Actual Cash Value (depreciation) which could result in a large deduction on your next claim check.

Dwelling Three or DWG-3 policy form includes all of the above and settles all claims on Replacement cost basis.

What’s this all about?

We don’t compete with a dwelling one policy form because we don’t sell them to real estate investors.

You need to protect your real estate investment from potential devastating claims that can wipe out all your profits.

If you think you may have a Dwelling One or DWG-1 or just want us to compare some quotes with other Rental Property Insurance Companies writing in your area, my name is Tim D’Angelo and I would like to show you what we can do.

You can call me at 504.348.3131

or complete our quick contact form.