Not sure if you should hire a real estate agent or just stick a sign in your yard FOR SALE BY OWNER if you are going to sell your house?
The decision can be tempting so you can save the real estate broker commission but before you do, take a look at the 46 reasons you should hire a real estate agent to work for you and what they do all day every day.
- Keep transaction on track
- Negotiate necessary repairs
- Keep up with changing laws
- Verify buyers have ordered homeowners insurance
- Keep social media profiles active
- Verify delivery of title commitment
- Schedule closings
- Return email asap
- Show hundreds of homes
- Answer your phone
- Determine fair market value
- Coordinate closings
- Manage client’s emotions
- Remind clients to schedule utilities
- Dispute low appraisal
- Meet with the inspector
- Prepare local market analysis
- Check in with clients regularly
- Schedule listing appointments
- Return missed phone calls
- Help stage and present listings to network
- Verify completion of repairs
- Review HUD for errors
- Schedule and perform final walk through
- Negotiate contract terms
- Verify home warranty was ordered
- Attend property inspection
- Get all disclosures delivered and signed
- Know your local market stats
- Provide comps for appraiser
- Explain neighborhood amenities
- Keep MLS listing data current
- Advise buyers on offer price
- Educate consumers
- Get signed contract to the title co
- Run comparables
- Answer questions from online inquiries
- Schedule showings
- Translate inspection report
- Negotiate offers
- Maintain yearly continued education
- Verify clear title on property
- Meet the appraiser
- Make sure the loan is funded
- Check up on past clients
- Deal with vendors
Here are some FSBO For Sale by Owner statistics to consider
FSBO accounted for 8% of home sales in 2014.
The typical FSBO home sold for $210,000 compared to $249,000 for real estate assisted home sale.
The 7 Most difficult tasks for For Sale By Owner FSBO sellers are:
- Understanding and performing the paperwork
- Getting the right price
- Preparing fixing up a home for sale
- Selling within the planned length of time
- Having enough time to devote to all aspects of the sale
- Way too many people to negotiate with
- Your yard sign is not online (agents have a network and you don’t)
What’s this all about?
If it were so easy to just stick a sign in your yard, you would hand over the keys and the buyer would hand over a bag of money.
But the reality is the transaction is an extremely complicated and difficult one to navigate on your own.
You can hire a real estate professional to help you
- sell your house
- get the most money the market will generate for you
- handle all the paperwork
- provide a trusted resource to answer every question
The decision to hire a real estate professional is a no brainer.
If you are buying a house and need a homeowners insurance protection proposal,
my name is Tim D’Angelo and I would like the opportunity to talk to you about homeowners insurance.
FM Agency Group knows homeowners insurance.
Contact us to discover the difference.