frequently asked questions

At FM Agency Group we have been helping Louisiana with homeowners insurance, rental property insurance, commercial buildings, car insurance and flood since 2003

Below are some of the most frequently asked questions from our customers



Do you represent A rated insurance companies?

Yes we represent over 15 insurance companies A rated from AM Best and Demotech, a financial stability rating agency

We have one company that started in the late 1880s and one that has over 1 billion in net admitted assets at the end of 2019

We can offer financial stability and company size in Louisiana to help find you the right choice



If my tenant has a dog am I covered?

If your tenant has a vicious breed of dog on the prohibited breed list the answer is no liability, but if they do not have a prohibited breed any dog claims will be covered up to 500,000

Most rental property insurance policies don’t extend liability so it is important if you allow your tenant(s) to have pets you have the coverage you need


If my tenant damages my rental property is it covered?

Accidental damage caused by your tenant would be covered but intentional damage such as punching holes in drywall after an eviction would not

Intentional damage would be covered by a security deposit and accidental damage would be covered by your rental property insurance


Do I need Uninsured Motorists?

You do if you are employed and need your income  

Uninsured Motorists (UM) will add liability coverage on every car on the road that will take care of your injuries if the other driver either has no insurance (most do in Louisiana) or not enough insurance (most do in Louisiana)

You are basically adding disability insurance for yourself and your family in the car after a car accident that includes lost paycheck compensation if you can’t go to work

This is the one insurance coverage on a car insurance policy that is for you and the insurance company would prefer you reject it